This Policy describes how IPv4 Xchange collects and manages our customer’s personal information. Personal information can be given to IPv4 Xchange directly or it may be collected by IPv4 Xchange via online forms. This Policy applies to customers (individuals or organizations who use IPv4 Xchange’s services) and individuals or organizations that access IPv4 Xchange’s website.
IPv4 Xchange may also enhance the protection certain information by entering agreements that allow them to do so. Information covered by those agreements will be held confidential, as described in those respective agreements.
Collection of Information, Including “Log Files”
IPv4 Xchange may collect personal information such as name; address, including street address, city, county, zip code, or equivalent geocodes; names of employees and employers; telephone and fax numbers; e-mail addresses; web URL; Internet Protocol (IP), ethernet, and other network media addresses; Internet domain names; and any other unique identifying numbers, characteristics, or codes.
There are two ways in which IPv4 Xchange collects information:
- Certain services that IPv4 Xchange provides require personal information, some of which is provided by the customer, while other information is collected through research.
- Visitors to our web site subsequently share their IP address and any standard web log information, including browser type and the pages they visited on the website. As needed, we may attain information from third parties, including identity verification services.
IPv4 Xchange may also acquire certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet protocol (IP) numbers, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
The information gathered from log files may be used for analytical purposes such as tracking the number of unique visitors to the IPv4 Xchange website and understanding how visitors use the website. We are always examining how we can improve our web site and the user experience and gaining this information is an integral part of this process.
Distribution of Information
IPv4 Xchange will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise reveal individual Customer information to any third parties or outside companies except for the following reasons:
- IPv4 Xchange provides information including your name and email address to an external company that performs functions that enhance our billing system. Your information is used only for the stated purpose.
- “IPv4 Xchange” includes our contractors and service providers. If IPv4 Xchange is bought or merges with another company, or if IPv4 Xchange becomes insolvent or files for bankruptcy, Customer agrees that all information and data may be moved to a purchasing party. “Customer Data” means that information and data stored by Customer with IPv4 Xchange through use of the Services.
- IPv4 Xchange may disclose Customer Data, if compelled by law, to comply with the legal process or to exonerate IPv4 Xchange from charges of wrongdoing. However, IPv4 Xchange does not have a duty to make any such admissions.
However , as needed, a customer’s information may be shared with IPv4 Xchange’s affiliates. These companies have agreed to abide by the same terms and conditions as set forth in this Policy. Information will not be provided to these organizations for marketing purposes.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete/deactivate it by emailing our Customer Support via our contact us page. We will respond to your request for access within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide services to you. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Service Related Announcements
We will send you service-related announcements when it is necessary to do so. Customers may not opt-out of these communications. If you do not wish to receive them, you may deactivate your account.
IPv4 Xchange also takes the security of our customers’ data very seriously and will take reasonable precautions to protect that data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Security measures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of any personal information we receive, including the use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, firewalls, encrypted connections, and password-protection. While these efforts are substantial, they cannot guarantee 100% protection of customer data.
Changes to this Policy